Provider Terms and Conditions
Last updated: April 14, 2023
1. Provider Services, Documentation and Reporting TARA Mind
- Providers agree to offer professional services (“Services”) that may include psychedelic-assisted therapy to TARA Mind Participants that contact them through TARA Mind. Providers retain the sole authority to deny Services to any Participant for any legally permissible reason.
- As a Provider, you agree to maintain your profile on the Directory, to which TARA Mind has access, to allow for verification of up-to-date professional licensure and proof of professional liability insurance. Providers agree to maintain their Services offerings and pricing within their provider profiles.Providers also agree to cooperate with TARA Mind in its efforts to, from time to time, run industry standard background checks to confirm Providers’ continued suitability to provide Services to Participants.
- As a Provider you agree to keep your availability up to date for TARA Mind to coordinate initial consultations for Participants who identify their desired Providers either through (1) calendar integration, (2) maintaining daily and/or weekly time blocks during which Provider is available exclusively for initial consultations with Providers, or (3) agreeing to be contacted directly by TARA Mind staff for scheduling.
- As a Provider, you agree to TARA Mind sending pre-consultation intake forms to Participants on your behalf. All Participant data will be viewable to and downloadable by Provider in TARA Mind’s provider portal, which employs data privacy and security standard consistent with HIPAA. Following the initial consultation, the Provider agrees to confirm the following within TARA Mind’s Provider Portal: (1) whether the initial consultation was conducted (or not), (2) the selected treatment plan (if any), and (3) patient symptoms being addressed by the selected treatment plan.
- As a Provider, you agree to maintain HIPAA-compliant records including progress notes from sessions with Participants throughout the duration of their treatment plan.
- Providers agree to TARA Mind utilizing measurement-based symptom tracking tools with Participants. Providers may opt-in to sharing anonymized patient data from patients who are not TARA Mind Participants .
- Providers agree to communicate with Participants through TARA Mind’s secure communication application.
- Providers agree to comply with applicable laws and regulations at all times in connection with provision of the Services.
- If a Participant under a Provider’s car experiences a sentinel event (i.e., death or serious physical / psychological injury), Provider agrees to notify TARA Mind within 24 hours at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If Provider cannot, or for a legally permissible reason does not desire to, continue to work with a certain Participant, Provider will notify TARA Mind at email@example.com and will have no further obligation pursuant to this Agreement to work with the Participant . TARA Mind will reach out to the Participant to coordinate future services with other Community Providers.
- If a high-risk Participant , defined as one who, based on the assessment of Provider, is at risk of harming him or herself or anyone else, unexpectedly disengages from treatment, or if additional support is required, Provider must notify TARA Mind at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss risk management.
- If Provider learns that s/he is the subject of an actual or potential police investigation or board review, Provider must promptly notify TARA Mind at email@example.com. TARA Mind reserves the right to suspend Provider’s availability on TARA Mind’s Directory until the investigation has concluded.
2. Marketing, Branding, and Fundraising
- If you wish to use TARA Mind’s name or logo in your marketing, you must seek written consent from TARA Mind prior to doing so. TARA Mind may revoke any license it grants you (i) immediately, if you violate this Agreement, and (ii) upon 10 business days’ written notice, for any reason.
- Providers may not use TARA Mind’s brand to raise funds without TARA Mind’s prior written approval.
3. Indemnification & Liability Cap.
- You indemnify TARA Mind, its directors, officers, employees, contractors, and affiliates (specifically including, but not limited to Red Cell Partner’s, LLC and its directors, officers, employees and contractors) for any claim arising out of or related to your participation in the TARA Mind community as a Provider. In addition, you agree that TARA Mind’s total liability to you under this Agreement will be capped at the amount of money actually paid by you to Tara Mind in the 12 months preceding the event giving rise to your claim.
- As our business evolves, TARA Mind may change these Provider Terms. If TARA Mind makes a change to the Provider Terms, TARA Mind will provide Provider with reasonable notice prior to the change taking effect, by emailing the email address associated with Provider’s account. Provider’s continued use of the TARA Mind platform after the effective date, use will constitute Provider acceptance of any revised terms and conditions. If the change has a material negative impact on Provider, Provider will be permitted to terminate the Agreement by providing written notice to TARA Mind.
- No failure or delay by either Party will constitute a waiver of that right. No waiver under the Contract will be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the party being deemed to have granted the waiver.
- Each party (“Disclosing Party”) may disclose “Confidential Information” to the other party (“Receiving Party”) in connection with the Contract, which is anything that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure including non-public user, business, product, technology and marketing information. Confidential Information does not include information that (a) is or becomes generally available to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party; (b) was known to the Receiving Party prior to its disclosure by the Disclosing Party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party; (c) is received from a third party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party; or (d) was independently developed by the Receiving Party.
- The Receiving Party will (a) take at least reasonable measures to prevent the unauthorized disclosure or use of Confidential Information, and limit access to those employees, affiliates and contractors who need to know such information in connection with the Contract; and (b) not use or disclose any Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party for any purpose outside the scope of this Contract. Nothing above will prevent either party from sharing Confidential Information with financial and legal advisors; provided, however, that the advisors are bound to confidentiality obligations at least as restrictive as those in the Contract.
- The Receiving Party may access or disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party if it is required by law; provided, however, that the Receiving Party gives the Disclosing Party prior notice of the compelled access or disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at the Disclosing Party’s cost, if the Disclosing Party wishes to contest the access or disclosure.
- Capitalized terms not defined in these Provider Terms have the meaning attributed to them in the Provider Agreement.
- These Provider Terms are incorporated by reference into the Provider Agreement.